Monday 29 October 2012

Kitchen koji making

I want to make koji in my own little kitchen. Books talk about making incubators, koji boxes, or even koji making rooms. But none of that. At least at this stage of my life, everything has to be done within limited means. I have to be able to make koji as if I make my jars of jam.

Making things at home shouldn't have to be difficult. Even while I was a full time working mother in Tokyo I made British style bacon ( or approximation of it) at home.
And women do seem to make koji everywhere. I found Japanese women making koji in Greece, in Germany as well as, of course, in Japan. But what interest me the most are women making koji in Europe. They are working in similar environment to my own. While Japanese women talk about kotatsu, they talk about how to use bread proofing oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment