Wednesday 7 November 2012

Pampering afternoon

Photo from Flickr: Randomidea


If you think making koji is all about preparing and eating food, you are mistaken. Today, I had my idea of ultimate luxury: sakekasu bath.

The idea is simple enough. Put some sakekasu (I would say, half your fist in size would be good amount) in a cotton bag, close it either by a string or by tying the thing itself, and then, chuck the thing into your bath.
Sakekasu gives out lovely sake like smell and milky white cream into your bath water.
It is a subtle smell that commercially produced artificial perfumes would easily overwhelm, but still it is wonderfully aromatic.

Sakekasu is supposed to improve your skin conditions. There are women who make clay pack using sakekasu.

Having a toddler and a seven year old at home, I don't have time for a sakekasu pack, but, yes, 20 minutes of hot bath cocooned by the aroma of sake brought me right back to my experiences of nice holidays in some of Japan's best rustic spas.
Hot bath, smell of sake, minus kids screaming--- bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment