Thursday 29 November 2012

Yuzu kosho? No, lemon kosho.

Now that I have a passable koji, I really wants to make yuzu-kosho.

Yuzu kosho is a mixture of salt, yuzu, koji  and chilli peppers. They give wonderful kick to grilled meat. Though I was introduced to it much later in my life (when I was younger, it was a regional condiment. Now it is truly national) I am absolutely hooked to it. One of the reasons is kids who demands my cooking to be pretty much chilli free, no doubt.


Unfortunately, getting hold of fresh yuzu is extremely difficult here in the UK. But I have found a lemon kosho recipe on the web and have tried it. It was not the same thing, but did have great affinity to western food and I absolutely loved it. Now my next ambition is to make lemon kosho with koji.

No comments:

Post a Comment